Saturday, March 17, 2012

wonderstruck

My friend, Alissa, recommended
this book to me about a week ago.  I happened across it at the library on Thursday and read it last night. 
This book tells the story of two individuals that are separated by 50 years in time, but are  remarkably connected.  One story is told in words.  The other is told in illustrations.  The book is an increbile concept and it was put together in an amazing way to tell the stories, which become a story.

Some thoughts from the book that struck me.
There is a museum theme throughout the book.  So from that: 
Curate your life.
"What would it be like to pick and choose the objects and stories that would go in your own cabinet of wonders?"
In other words, what items represent you?  Your life?  If you had a cabinet to display those things what would be in there?  This reminds me so much of a recent post on Trent Henderson's blog, Thinking Thoughts.  Where his family has a cabinet dedicated to things that remind them of what and how much God has done in their family's life.  I like that.  All of the things I would display in my cabinet are from God.  They all come from Him.   He is good and faithful to me.  To us.

No comments:

Post a Comment