Thursday, May 10, 2012

taking of a passport photo

The name of my blog came from my husband's response to the idea of our family going on a mission trip together.  When I brought up the idea, he said, "It would be good for the kids."  Now, we are starting to make progress towards that goal.  This week's mini goal is to get passport photos taken of the children. 
In the middle of last year, I went to CVS and paid eight dollars too many for one of the worse photos ever taken of me.  I look like, let's just say, a very disturbed person.  Thinking back on this made me want to avoid that for my childrens' photos.  Besides the fact that it would take twenty-four dollars, plus tax out of our mission trip fund.  The mental block I had about taking the photos myself was due to the precise government requirements for the passport photos.  Then I found a website to which I could upload my photo and crop it correctly to suit those requirements.  I used 123passportphoto.com.  Then I saved the image to my computer.  I can print it to a local store and pick it up in an hour!

Here's what I used.  One child held a piece of white foam board behind the child being photographed.
Took picture on auto.

Uploaded to the website and cropped it correctly.  Sent it to ritzpix.com where I had signed up for a free account and received 25 free prints.  All of this to receive absolutely free passport photos.  And now we are one step closer to our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment