Tuesday, June 19, 2012

anxiety

The whole family mission trip has me a bit anxious.  I never have fared well with unknowns.  They make me crazy-anxious.  I think it would feel different if we were going along with a group, if someone else were "in charge", if we had an itinerary.  But we don't. 
Many times I have wondered if this is a waste.  Will we be wasting their time, their resources?  Ours?  Would it be better if we just sent our money to them?  Stayed out of their way?  Will we do any good?
But my husband isn't ever anxious.  These things don't concern him.  Good thing, we're matched well. 
The other day I was reading to the children from Jesus Calling.  The verse of the day was Ephesians 2:10.
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
So I'm clinging to that truth.  This is God's plan an he's prepared all of this in advance for us to do.  We just have to do it.

4 comments:

  1. Clinging to truth - sounds good to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly...I'll be praying for you! God has called us to "GO!", not just send money, so also rest in the truth that He will prepare your way and guide you and bless you as you follow His commands. To God be the glory!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God put this in the Splawn's heart and only y'all can fulfill it. Think of all the other's you will be able to encourage, guide and help in fulfilling their dreams, based on what you learn from fulfilling your's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am praying Jesus calling over the 3/4 graders during morning devotions! how perfect! I love to hear stories of God moving and people taking their first steps in faith. You remain firm and we here will joyfully anticipate your arrival!

    ReplyDelete