Monday, July 16, 2012

hunger

I just recently read The Hunger Games.  Read that as, I just finished book three about fifteen minutes ago.  I know, I am at least six months behind the rest of the world.  I'm ok with that.  I waited until school was out and until my mind was ready.  I started about 4:30 Friday and read the whole weekend away, almost.

What I'm left with is two main things. One, I have a talking point with anyone who has read them.  Something in common with a whole lot of people.  Although, probably not many are still talking about it.  And two, a realization about myself and hunger.  I rarely REALLY feel hunger to an extreme degree. When I do hunger, there's always something nearby to quell it.  Last night I was reading a devotional book to Meg.  It was about when God provided the manna for his people in the wilderness who were hungry.  God always provides what I need.  He never lets me go hungry.  He is SO good to me.  Why?  I don't deserve it.  But He never fails to feed me.  And what do I give Him for it?  A rehearsed grace before each meal?  Do I even think about the words as I'm thanking Him for my food?  But now I will.  I've been thinking about hunger and I'm thanking Him for not leaving me and my family hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment