Monday, August 20, 2012

revisiting goals

In January I posted these 12 goals for 2012.  I've been meaning to update them with my progress so here I go.

These are 12 things I would like to do in the year 2012

1. Read the Bible all the way through --So far so good!

2. Sew more --Not really happening, but I do have a project picked out for next week.

3. Be more evangelistic  --Something that I need to work on.

4. Be bolder (see above)  --Something that I also need to work on.

5. Go on a mission trip --This is in the works, should happen in two months.

6. Make cards  --Hmm...I'm not so sure this is still a goal for this year.

7. Call an old friend --Have done, but left a message.  This was a while back and I need to try again.

8. Pray more  --Yes, but not as much as I had hoped.  My morning walks work out best for this.

9. Make bread and cinnamon rolls --Ha!  What was I thinking in January!

10. Photograph more candid moments  --I haven't taken as many photographs at all.  I had a little
& use Manual mode more                        funk to work through but I'm hopeful.

11. Engage more than disengage  --I think the iPhone has been bad for this, but I'm conscious of
                                                         this distraction.
12. Redeem the time  --I think this is the hardest one.  It takes the most looking away from me and looking toward others. 

Revised goals of 2012
-School with joy and patience
-Finish reading the Bible all the way through
-Go on mission trip
-Pray more
-Be bolder and more evagelistic
-Redeem the time
-Walk at least 3 days a week
-Read more nonfiction.  My nonfiction to ficiton ratio is severly bias toward fiction this year
-Be a better photographer



No comments:

Post a Comment