Monday, September 12, 2011

tohoku tote

I'm still amazed at what one can find for free on the internet.  Like the directions to make this purse.  Believe it or not, it wasn't hard and it has interfacing, and interior pocket and a magnetic snap closure.  I do think I will be making more of these.  I just need more time.
Here's my new purse.
This floral print is also covering a chair seat and a bench seat in my house...bargain Wal-Mart find from back in the day when they still sold fabric.


The tutorial on how to make one for yourself is over HERE at I am Momma - Hear Me Roar.  I love the inverted pleat, but I didn't have enough fabric to make it that way.  I used fabric I already had.  I think her fabrics are fabulous!!

1 comment:

  1. hey holly i wrote a comment aready and lost it in the posting process. short version, i thought you might like this. it is easy to adapt top long sleeve for fall. so easy. http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2007/07/peasant-blouse.html

    happy sewing
    rachel hood

    ReplyDelete