Tuesday, October 18, 2011

homes and hope for Haiti

I love biographies.  I really love missionary stories too.  Just recently, I finished Taking the High Places  by Terry Snow and Jemimah Wright.  Terry Snow is a YWAM missionary in Saint Marc, Haiti.  I truly enjoyed reading about how God has used Terry Snow to make His name great in Haiti.  I was most impressed by Terry Snow's intimate relationship with God.  What especially impressed me was how often and clearly God communicated with him in very specific and directional ways.  I desire that.  Though, I know I don't put enough time and energy into my walk with the Lord to have that.

Our church has sent two teams to work on one of YWAM Haiti/Terry Snow's projects.  We're getting ready to send a third team in December.  The teams we send build homes for Haitians that were displaced by the earthquake.   Our church, I'm very proud to say, built the first house in this neighborhood and we plan to build the last one in December.  Right now we are raising the money.  It costs $6,000.00 to build a duplex in Haiti where two families can live.  Our church is hosting a Golf Tournament in November and all the proceeds will go to build the duplex.  It's called the Homes of Hope Golf Tournament.  We also have another fundraiser in the works I will talk about next time.
Here's a video showing what the homes we built are like.


No comments:

Post a Comment