Saturday, October 29, 2011

on writing.

I'm not a writer.  I do not have a deep love for the English language.  Let me clarify.  I appreciate it, I use it, but that's not what I am passionate about.
However, I do want to sing the praises of the written word for a moment.
Sometimes I'm confused, frustrated, emotionally exhausted, etc, etc, etc.  The process of writing things down helps me clear my head.  It helps me gain perspective.  I can step back and assess the situation at hand.  And later I can go back and read it.  When I do, it stirs my memories.  There is so much I have forgotten.  I'm thankful that I have it written down.

I wrote quite frequently during the time in our lives when we were moving here. I love to look back on it and read about all the little ways (and big ways) God answered our prayers.

I don't practice this everyday, or every week, or month, even, for that matter.  But I do use it during seasons in my life and it helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment