Sunday, February 26, 2012

now that's historic

Our recent field trip to the San Jacinto Monument and the
Battleship Texas was on a dreary day.  Still, neither site failed
 to please us.  The San Jacinto Monument is impressive.  It is
taller than the Washington Monument and prettier.  The guide
we had for the battleship tour made it the ship come to life with
details and anecdotes.  If you haven't been, you should go.
The monument sits on the "slight rise of land" that made the surprise attack and quick defeat of Santa Anna possible.



Looking out from the observation deck.








The monument and battleship are across the road from eacthother.

Not quite a perfect aim, but it would have done some damage.

I'm sure he's listening to the guide.  ;)

This is what I call Todd's Spiderman pose.


Too bad it isn't pink.



Waiting for the field trip to begin.



I'm voguing.  I know.  I know.  But I still had it in my head from Madonna's performance during the Superbowl.

1 comment:

  1. Loved all your pics!
    I always like seeing what face Todd is going to make. Glad there was a pic of you in there!

    ReplyDelete