Thursday, May 23, 2013

works in progress



My daughter wanted to paint one day last week.
She probably would not have thought of the idea except that I was painting that day.
She truly wanted to come into the little bathroom and paint the walls with me.  That would have been fun, but we are getting our house ready to go on the market.  That was not an option on this day.

I wanted to tell her no, todays not a day for you to paint.  That was the easy answer on this busy day of schooling, and painting and all the other chores that go along with being mom.  Sometimes, more often than I'd like to admit, I  tell her no because it's easier than saying yes or I think it's easier than saying yes.  I'm a work-in-progress.  Actualizing more and more a truth that I know, some things that are a little difficult, or a lot difficult, are worth it.  And that the unknown tends to loom more difficult than it is.

But this day I realized it's not going to be that hard.  It's going going to take all day. Just a few minutes.  Just the time it takes to set her up and let her get to it.



I found a leftover paper plate from a party and a little plastic applesauce cup for the rinse water and the paints and a good fat paint brush.  She picked out what she wanted to paint, a couple of big Cinderella coloring sheets.  We put the dog in the kennel so she could paint on the patio.  And she painted away.

In the end, she mixed all the paint colors together, her Cinderella turned out an inky black, and there was stray paint on the patio, but she had fun. 

And I could see again how much she is His masterpiece.  I pray one say she can see this.   I am contiually amazed a how God gave me such a gift.



We are His workmanship ("masterpieces" NLT), created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.   Eph. 2:10






By the way, we'll soon be putting our house on the market.
It's a wonderful house with a large backyard, lots of storage, and a newly painted bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment