Tuesday, February 5, 2013

God speaks

God speaks.
He really does.
He speaks in different ways.
Sometimes it's right from a sermon.
Or maybe from a verse he brings back to your mind at just the right moment.
Or even from a sweet friend who speaks Truth and encouragement to you.
He speaks.

Recently I was really mad at someone.  This person had said something hurtful to me a few months ago.  I tried to get over, but not very hard.  Then the same person did it again a couple of weeks ago.  I was mad again.  This time I was even madder and it was not only about the most recent offense, but about the first one as well.  The night it happened I had a hard time falling asleep.  I ended up praying and asking God to speak to me.  This is what He gave me.

"Love keeps no record of wrongs"

Right out of His word from 1 Corinthians 13:5.  And He wasn't yelling it at me or trying to make me feel guilty.  It was a gentle reminder of a truth that I needed to embrace.  To let go of those things that anger me and to love this person.  Not saying this is going to be easy, but I need to try.

And it inspired me to make a reminder to hang on my wall and to read everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment