Wednesday, August 10, 2011

magazine gift bows


I saw a link to this magazine gift bow tutorial tutorial on Kristen Welch's blog.  I thought it was such a cool way to use old magazines and I had a few gifts to wrap.  So I did it and this is what I learned.
1.  Glue sticks worked just fine to hold the loops together when I used a magazine page.
2.  Glues sticks didn't work so well when I used a piece of cardstock.
3.  Magazine pages make shiny bows.
4.  Cardstock bows look dull and boring, even when the cardstock is not.
5.  One staple can hold all the layers together just fine.
6.  It didn't really take that long to make them.
7.  I think this would be a great way to use those little pieces of wrapping paper that are never big enough to use to wrap a gift.  And that paper is usually shiny.  That's what I'm going to try next.


2 comments:

  1. Very creative. You'll have to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Looks like it would be fun to use different papers. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete