Friday, August 5, 2011

pillowcase dress 2.0


Don't you love this bias tape? It was in my grandma's stash. $.25!
Since I made the first pillowcase dress two days ago, I've been thinking about ways to alter it. So for this version, I shortened the bodice and made it narrower. Then I added a longer ruffle for the skirt. After it was made, it really looked like it needed something more. I remembered this trim that I found at my Grandma Daisy's apartment when we were going through her things. It was hand crocheted by her (love). So I sewed directly under the seam between the bodice and the skirt. I had just a little bit of her crocet trim left so I made a flower out of it and added it to the dress. It almost looked finished then. It just needed a few buttons from  my Grandma Johanna's button tin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment