Tuesday, January 1, 2013

13 goals for 2013




I don't think I have ever had a theme for a year before, but this year of 2013 is presenting itself to me with a theme.  A theme I truly need to work on in my life,  and more so in my heart. To live peaceably toward those people God has chosen, in His wisdom, to put in my life. I'm convinced and convicted that I am lacking in this and I pray that a year from now, I can look back and see His work in me.  As our pastor says often, it's ok not to be ok, but it's not ok to stay that way...it's about transformation.  So with that, here are my list of goals for 2013

1.  To live peaceably.  " If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone"  Romans 12:18

2.  Read the whole Bible. 

3.   Take more everyday photos.  I was thinking of a photo a day, but I'm not sure I can remember to do that!  I barely remembered to do it today.

4.  Read more books.  I read 14 in 2011, 22 in 2012, and I want to read 30 in 2013.  I'm starting the year off with Walls Within Walls by Maureen Sherry.  It's a Bluebonnet award nominee.

5.  Go back to Brazil to PQQ.  Can't wait to do this.  Everyone is our family is ready to go back.

6.  Spend less time on my phone.  Ouch. This one is going to take some major self-discipline.

7.  Sew.  Mostly, I have some clothes for Megan planned and I want to make a new purse for myself.

8.  Create a photographic tryptych for the wall in our room.

9.  Make it through another year of homeschooling.  I'm thankful that I will meet this goal halfway through the year. 

10.  Cook more from scratch.  So this is telling of me, but the first time I ever cooked dried beans was in December.  They aren't hard to fix, I just thought they were.  And if something seems hard, it might take me forever before I try to do it.  But it's not hard.  It's easy. 

11.  Going along with the previous goal, I am going to make a master recipe list and a recipe binder to hold my all my recipe print outs.  This project is happening very, very soon.

12.  Be more willing to serve and to actually follow through.

13.  Grow my photography hobby into a very, very small business.  I'm not in a huge rush to do this.

Do you have any goals for the year?  What are they?


No comments:

Post a Comment