Monday, January 21, 2013

golden crescent rolls

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away...or maybe just in Louisiana, I was a Girl Scout.  My Girl Scout leader was really awesome.  She was industrious, frugal, and fun.  I learned so much from her (thank you, Mindy Ford!).  I remember the homemade butter we made during one troop meeting by shaking cream in a baby food jar.  I also remember the delicious crescent rolls we made to go with that homemade butter.  I have no idea what recipe we used for those rolls, but I have remembered them fondly all these years.  Besides, I have no love for the canned crescent rolls.  Something just ain't right about those things.  

Last week I tried out this recipe for Golden Crescent Rolls.  They were a lot of work.  They took a lot of time.  They didn't last very long, because they were so, very good.  And they brought with them that memory of making butter and crescent rolls with my Girl Scout troop. 

 
I was watching a YouTube video on how to knead bread. 


Got my triangles cut.


All rolled up.


Baked and ready to eat!
 
I made one pan of regular crescent rolls.  The rest I spread with butter, sugar, and cinnamon chips before I rolled them up.  We had those for breakfast the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment